Story by Shane Dowling (Kangaroo Court of Australia)
Ralph Blewitt who helped Julia Gillard’s partner Bruce Wilson rip off the AWU in the 1990′s says he will reveal all if he is given immunity from prosecution. This was revealed in The Australian on Friday in a front page story.
The story starts off: THE former union official and alleged bagman for a financial scandal linked to the then boyfriend of Julia Gillard wants to give evidence for the first time to police and prosecutors about his role and the conduct of others.
The Australian can reveal that Ralph Blewitt, a one-time branch head for the Australian Workers Union, is seeking immunity from criminal prosecution in return for breaking a 17-year silence and providing a statement to police. (Click here to read the full story)
The Australian have also run with the story again today (Saturday 4/8/12) The evidence to come out in the articles is nothing greatly new but there are a number of key points of interest the first obviously being that News Ltd have decided to go hard on the issue again with front page stories. Although it must be noted that Andrew Bolt has been continuing to run with the story since last year and some other media picked up on the story on Friday as well.
For those new to the story I did a very detailed post August last year on Julia Gillard’s involvement titled “Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s criminal history and her hypocrisy with WikiLeaks and Julian Assange.” (Click here to read the post)
The second is Ralph Blewitt being prepared to tell all. He has been living in Asia since 1997 and currently lives in Malaysia. He is back in Australia to come clean on the fraud and has a criminal lawyer to represent him. The man who seems to have made this happen is Harry Nowicki who is a retired Melbourne lawyer who has been investigating the matter for the last six months for a book on the scandal. (Click here to read the story)
The third could and would mean major problems for Julia Gillard given that she has never given a detailed account of her involvement and/or knowledge of what happened. Blewitt potentially could implicate her and if I was a betting person I would say that is exactly what would happen. Then it would be a bit late for any denials from Gillard to carry any weight as she should have given a fully detailed account a long time ago.
- Bagman Ralph Blewitt wants to reveal all in the Bruce Wilson – Julia Gillard AWU fraud scandal. (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- Swan says no story in Gillard-AWU link (news.theage.com.au)
- Swan says no story in Gillard-AWU link (bigpondnews.com)
- Swan says no story in Gillard-AWU link (news.com.au)
- Swan says no story in Gillard-AWU link (news.smh.com.au)
- PM compared to ‘old cow’ (bigpondnews.com)
- PM compared to cow by cattle chief (bigpondnews.com)
- EYE-BALL Opinion on – Australia’s Watergate – Gillard to go to Jail … if JUSTICE be served!!! (bleyzie.wordpress.com)
- ‘Old cow’ quip about Gillard brings a rebuke for farming leader (smh.com.au)
- Australian minister apologises to pie shop owner over Julia Gillard row (oddonion.com)