A Florida Court Sets Atheist Holy Day!
Gotta love this Judge!
You must read this…… A proper decision by the courts… for a change.
A FLORIDA COURT SETS ATHEIST HOLY DAY
In Florida , an atheist created a case against Easter and Passover Holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against Christians and Jews and observances of their holy days. The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized days.
The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring, “Case dismissed!”
The lawyer immediately stood and objecting to the ruling saying,
“Your honor, How can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others.
The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, “But you do. Your client, counselor, is woefully ignorant.”
The lawyer said,” Your Honor, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for atheists.”
The judge said, “The calendar says April 1st is April Fool’s Day. Psalm 14:1 states, ‘The fool says in his heart, there is no God.’ Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that, if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day.
Court is adjourned…”
You gotta love a Judge that knows his scripture!
- National Atheist Day (revessie.com)
- Why I Am An Atheist Activist (bigthink.com)
- Atheists Have to Address the Social and Emotional Needs of People (or the Church Wins) (patheos.com)
- A Lesson from the Atheist (houstonproblem.wordpress.com)
- Atheists can be idiots, too (freethoughtblogs.com)
- Pray for an Atheist Facebook Initiative Stirs Religious Emotions Between Christians and Atheists (prweb.com)
- Berkeley’s Rabbi Steven Fisdel, Master Kabbalist & Teacher, Announces Kabbalah-based High Holy Day Services (prweb.com)
- Atheists Banned from Serving in Arkansas (arkansasmatters.com)
- The Boy Scouts’ Other Discriminatory Policy (volokh.com)
- Pastafarian Atheist Allowed Pasta Strainer Headgear on Driver’s License (independentsentinel.com)